Tuesday, September 4, 2012

T-190 : Air GPS

I don't fly very often but last time I did I was playing with my phone wishing there was a GPS app that could tell me what I was flying over.  Does anyone know if such a thing exists?  Is there a limitation because there's no cell signals up that high?  Is it something that would interfere with the in-flight navigation?  Couldn't they pipe through a consumerized version of what the captain's looking at in the cockpit?  When we cruised to Alaska on the Disney Wonder earlier this year there was a channel on the shipboard TV that gave constant updates of where we were on a map, what speed we were travelling, wind speed, etc.  We also watched a video on the YouTubes the other night of a first-class cabin on a Thai Airline that had a similar tracking channel.  If it doesn't exist today, somebody should make it exist.  I think it'd be a big hit!
Post a Comment