Thursday, September 6, 2012

T-185 : Powerful Knowledge

The first time I heard the phrase "Knowledge is Power" was on School House Rock.  Now Bruce Lee tells me there's a higher law.  I believe Bruce Lee.  I'm scared not to.
"Knowledge will give you power, but character respect."~Bruce Lee(1940 – 1973 )

On September 6 in History:
  • 1901 – U.S. President William McKinley was shot and mortally wounded (he died eight days later) by Leon Czolgosz.
    • I think of Kennedy or Lincoln when I think of mortally shot presidents.  I didn't realize McKinley suffered the same fate.
  • 1959 – The first Barbie Doll was sold by Mattel Toy Corporation.
    • I never got into Barbie.  I never got into Ken.  I never even got into G.I. Joe.  I always thought Barbie belonged with Joe rather than Ken, though.
  • 1972 : A gun battle between the Palestinian group Black September who had kidnapped nine Israeli athletes from the Olympic Village in Munich ends when the nine hostages are killed in a gun battle between German Police and the terrorists at a nearby airport, Five of the terrorists were also killed and one German Police Officer.
    • Extreme events - like the Olympics - bring out extremists.  If only we could all get along, right, Jerry Maguire?
  • 1989 – The Pittsburgh Steelers were banned from practicing on their own field, Three Rivers Stadium, because The Rolling Stones were rehearsing for their upcoming concert.
    • I've heard that a Rolling Stone gathers no moss but I didn't realize they kept others from their own turf!
  • 1997 : Princess Diana's funeral
    • Princess Diana died?
  • 2007 : Luciano Pavarotti the Italian operatic tenor, best known as a member of "The Three Tenors" who popularized operatic music dies at the age of 71.
    • Luciano Pavarotti died?

No comments: