Monday, September 24, 2012

T-154 : Rural Paths

James Taylor says:
Take to the highway, won't you lend me 
your name?
Your way and my way seem to be one and the same.
Mamma don't understand it, she wants to know where I've been.
I'd have to be some kind of natural born fool to want to pass that way again,
But I could feel it on a country road.
Sail on home to Jesus, won't you good girls and boys.
I'm all in pieces, you can have your own choice.
But I can hear a heavenly band full of angels and they're coming to set me free.
I don't know nothing 'bout the why or when but I can tell that it's bound to be,
because I could feel it, child, yeah, on a country road.
I guess my feet know where they want me to go walking on a country road.
Take to the highway, won't you lend me your name?
Your way and my way seem to be one and the same.
Mamma don't understand it, she wants to know where I've been.
I'd have to be some kind of natural born fool to want to pass that way again,
But I could feel it on a country road.
Walk on down, walk on down, walk on down, walk on down, walk on down a country road.
Na na na na na na na na na na na, country road, yeah, walking on a country road
John Denver says:
Almost heaven, West Virginia 
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River 
Life is old there, older than the trees 
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze 

Chorus: 
Country roads, take me home 
To the place I belong 
West Virginia, Mountain Mama 
Take me home, country roads 
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/john+denver/country+roads_20073876.html ] 
All my memories, gathered 'round her 
Miners' Lady, stranger to blue water 
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky 
Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye 

Chorus 

I hear her voice, in the morning hour she calls me 
The radio reminds me of my home far away 
And drivin' down the road I get the feeling 
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday 
I don't know if there's hidden meanings in either of the songs but I like the concept of a country road.  Taking the scenic route got me in trouble in Ozark, Arkansas years ago when I chose to keep on driving toward the next gas station without stopping.  I learned my lesson the hard way by forking over $1000 to the repair shop before we could get back on the road.  I still like to mosey, though.  How about you?  Are you more like me or do you like to take the fast track?

1 comment:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

Just keep me off of the city roads! Yuck!