Sunday, September 9, 2012

T-180 : Gonna Blow?!

Do you back up your important computer files?

I've got an external hard drive that seems to be getting smaller by the day.  I have a flash drive I keep in my pocket but it's not big enough to hold all of my files.  Plus, I had to replace it the other day because it stopped working.  I've got accounts with DropBox, Box, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive but none are big enough to hold all my stuff.  I've heard of Carbonite but I'm too cheap to pay $60/year.  I'd like to test out this new one called CrashPlan where one can back up to a friend's unused hard drive space.

Wanna give it a shot with me?  Let me know and I'll send you an invitation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unused hard drive space LOL - - not on my ancient computer, I've got to delete files just to get it to function.

I'm using a Western Digital Passport to back up my files right now. So far so good I'm guessing, the problem, I don't know how to check it.

Unknown said...

You raise a good point. Most users are prepared for hard drive disaster in the following stages:

1. No backup
2. Backup to external drive
a. Not sure how to restore
b. Unprotected from electrical/fire/flood.
3. Cloud Storage

We can all get better at one or all of them, in my opinion.