Tuesday, September 11, 2012

T-178 : Singing Opportunities

Today while singing the hymns at devotional I realized that I get many opportunities each week to sing.  At sacrament meeting we sing an opening hymn, sacrament hymn, sometimes a rest hymn, and a closing him.  At priesthood meeting we sing an opening hymn.  At Family Home Evening on Mondays we always sing; usually hymns, sometimes pop music with lyrics on the computer...kind of like karaoke.  At devotional we sing an opening hymn and a closing hymn.  We even sing an opening hymn at Elders Quorum Presidency meetings on Tuesday evenings, just the 4 of us.

I'm thankful that I have a decent voice.  At least I like to think so.  Your opinion(s) may differ.  I'm thankful that I've sung so many of these hymns for so much of my life that I basically have them memorized; at least the tunes, if not the lyrics.  I almost always have music playing out of my computer at home, too.  I'll even occasionally try to sing along with them.  Right now it's Kenny Chesney.  Earlier tonight it was Dave Matthews.  Before that it was Howard Jones.  Spotify is my current player of choice.  I even have it going at work, though I don't usually sing along there.  Today I listened to Van Halen, Night Ranger, Perry Como, Roger Williams, among others.

How 'bout you?  Are you a singer?  Car?  Shower?

1 comment:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

I am not usually a singer, but I appreciate your talent!