Sunday, September 9, 2012

T-181 : Sleepy Affirmations

I don't really know how to spell "uh huh".  It's the slangy word that means "yes".  I recognized the other day that Tara said it sleepily as I was climbing into bed.  I think she was already nearly asleep but just conscious enough to agree to allow me to join her under the covers.  I think I've done the same thing from time to time.  It's much better than the grunts and groans that I sometimes elicit when covers are being pulled seemingly unfairly, children are coughing too loudly in the other room, or things generally are just not going the way that I want them to go and I hope for change by making guttural noises.  I'll try to do better.  How about you?

Birthdays Today

  • 1828 – Leo Tolstoy, Russian novelist (d. 1910)
  • 1890 – Colonel Sanders, American fast-food entrepreneur (d. 1980)
  • 1941 – Otis Redding, American singer and songwriter (d. 1967)
  • 1960 – Hugh Grant, English actor
  • 1966 – Adam Sandler, American actor and comedian

History Today

  • 1791 – Washington, D.C., the capitol of the United States, is named after President George Washington.
  • 1850 – California is admitted as the thirty-first U.S. state.
  • 1926 – The National Broadcasting Company (NBC) was created by the Radio Corporation of America.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I always wondered what "RCA" stood for.

Tara McLean Derricott said...

I'd much rather hear an "uh huh" than uninterpretable gutteral noises!

Unknown said...

Good catch, Jacob.

Unknown said...

@Tara, !