I don't really know how to spell "uh huh". It's the slangy word that means "yes". I recognized the other day that Tara said it sleepily as I was climbing into bed. I think she was already nearly asleep but just conscious enough to agree to allow me to join her under the covers. I think I've done the same thing from time to time. It's much better than the grunts and groans that I sometimes elicit when covers are being pulled seemingly unfairly, children are coughing too loudly in the other room, or things generally are just not going the way that I want them to go and I hope for change by making guttural noises. I'll try to do better. How about you?
- 1828 – Leo Tolstoy, Russian novelist (d. 1910)
- 1890 – Colonel Sanders, American fast-food entrepreneur (d. 1980)
- 1941 – Otis Redding, American singer and songwriter (d. 1967)
- 1960 – Hugh Grant, English actor
- 1966 – Adam Sandler, American actor and comedian
- 1791 – Washington, D.C., the capitol of the United States, is named after President George Washington.
- 1850 – California is admitted as the thirty-first U.S. state.
- 1926 – The National Broadcasting Company (NBC) was created by the Radio Corporation of America.