Sunday, September 23, 2012

T-157 : Simple, Simon

Today we heard a good talk in Sacrament Meeting about simplifying our lives in order to be more ready to receive revelation.  I agree.  But, then again, Mr. Einstein said:
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
So it's one of them there balance concepts again. Simplicity is good but anything in excess becomes a vice.  Here's what ye ole nursery rhymes had to say about it:
 "Simple Simon met a pieman,
Going to the fair;
Says Simple Simon to the pieman,
Let me taste your ware.
Says the pieman to Simple Simon,
Show me first your penny;
Says Simple Simon to the pieman,
Indeed I have not any.
Simple Simon went a-fishing,
For to catch a whale;
All the water he had got,
Was in his mother's pail.
Simple Simon went to look
If plums grew on a thistle;
He pricked his fingers very much,
Which made poor Simon whistle."
Should be simple enough but I'm not sure I fully understand.  Care to elaborate on your understanding?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa????

Unknown said...

I just... I don't know.