Thursday, August 30, 2012

T-198 : Dubitable Derricott?

Last year when I was in Portland for a week of training I spent some time one night at Powells, the famous and humongous bookstore.  As I wandered the aisles I came across the Religion section.  Of course I was drawn toward the Mormon shelf, cracked open a copy of The Book of Mormon, and was very surprised to see it inscribed with the name "Elder Derricott" with a phone number.  I should clarify that Powells also carries used books, of which this was one.  I gather that this Elder Derricott had given the book to an investigator, likely when he was on a mission.  At any rate, it was certainly surprising.  Have you ever stumbled upon evidence of someone that you must certainly be related to that you'd never met or even heard of?

No comments: