Wednesday, August 15, 2012

T-226 : Postop Plankton

I had my second surgery in 7 days today.  Apparently it was successful.  I was anesthetized again, of course.  So, the only thing I remember after being wheeled to the operating room is opening my eyes in my prep/recovery room.   The first thing I saw was Plankton, a character on the SpongeBob SquarePants cartoon television show; which Tara had supposedly just turned to right before I was wheeled back in.  I was also told that I was wheeled in sitting up, having been roused to some state of awareness in a room between the operating room and the final recovery room.  I remember none of that.  I stand by my claim that I was roused to final consciousness by an imaginary sea creature and/or the show in which he appears.  If nothing else, it makes an alliterative title for this blog post.  Anyway, the rest of the day was spent almost entirely at home recuperating.  I feel much better than I did last week.  I felt relatively OK then but did get nauseated enough to throw up twice.  Today, so far at least, I've managed to keep everything down and have felt little to no pain.

No comments: