Friday, August 17, 2012

T-220 : Routine Maintenance

I like routines and see value in them.  I sometimes have tendencies, though, to let them get the best of me.  When does a routine become a bad habit or addiction vs a strong tradition?  And what of the related terms: autogenetic, habitual, impulsiveinstinctiveinstinctual, intuitiveinvoluntary, knee-jerk, mechanicalnaturalperfunctoryreflex, spontaneousunconsciousunforced, unintentionalunmeditated, unthinking, unwilled?  Is it when we can't turn around without help that we've crossed the line?  Don't worry.  I'm not about to spring any skeletons from my closet on you.  I'm simply a ponderous guy who started daily documentation blogging a bit more often and these are the types of things that went through my head today.  By the way, tonight was all but routine as we volunteered at the book wagon at the county fair.  Tomorrow will be more of the same as we'll be volunteering at the clothing issue counter at the temple from 5-9am.  Maybe I'll take a routine nap after that! :)

No comments: