Tuesday, August 28, 2012

T-204 : Mended Scriptures

My scriptures have been wearing to the point that recently the binding actually came off and they nearly split in two.  I've coddled them along for years because I really like all of the markings I have in them.  I actually got a new smaller form factor set a few years ago as a gift but never could wean myself away from my trusted marked set.

I first bought them back in 1987 before I went on my mission.  That means they'll be 25 years old pretty soon.  I think I learned once that something that's 25 years old is an antique.  Does anyone know if that's true?

Anyway, to salvage my scriptures, Tara used some strategically-placed Shoe Goo.  They smelled pretty good for a few days!  Now they're almost as good as new.

2 comments:

MONT-E ZOOMER said...

It's amazing what a little shoe goo will do---

Tara McLean Derricott said...

Sitting next to you in Sacrament meeting that first day was rather.... pungent!