Thursday, August 16, 2012

T-222 : Prevention Ounces


It occurred to me recently that my decision to wait so long to go to the doctor about my toe is not all that different than the decision I made while driving home from Florida near Ozark, Arkansas years ago when I kept trying to go to one more exit to find cheaper gas only to finally run out and end up a day late and $1000 poorer.  Who knows how much the toe is going to cost.  Both experiences have been good for me.  They're helping me realize that I actually need to be less tolerant at times when action is needed.  I pride myself on my tolerance.  But, just like anything, too much of it can be detrimental.  Somewhere between tolerance and rashness is where we all ought to be, right?

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm not sure I know what you mean. That you should not have been so tolerant of the pain for so long? So was all that lovely pain medication free also?

Unknown said...

Yes, I think tolerant of the pain is an accurate description. As for other fees, we've yet to see anything on paper. I'm tolerantly waiting... :)