- 60-Second Science - Tune in every weekday for quick reports and commentaries on the world of science-- it'll just take a minute.
- Earth Sky 90-Second Podcast - Join 15 million listeners worldwide every day for 90 seconds of science, nature and people.
- NPR Columns: Sports with Frank Deford - NPR Morning Edition's Frank Deford gives weekly commentary on a cross section of the world of sports. Sometimes acerbic, often funny, always insightful.
- NPR: Hourly News Summary - Five minutes of NPR news, updated hourly.
- Brain Stuff - Marshall brain explains the world's everyday mysteries and other puzzling phenomena in BrainStuff, a podcast from HowStuffWorks.com
- Get-it-Done Guy's Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More - Get time management tips to help you organize your life and get more done in less time.
- Money Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life - Laura D. Adams is a personal finance expert who writes and hosts the Money Girl podcast.
- Grammar Girl Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing - In under five minutes, you'll get a fun and friendly dose of writing advice. Grammar Girl covers everything from punctuation and grammar to style and voice.
- Stuff You Should Know - In the Stuff You Should Know podcast, follow Chuck Bryant and Josh Clark (I love their banter) as they explain hot topics.
- WNYC's Radiolab - Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience.
- NPR Programs: Fresh Air Podcast - Fresh Air from WHYY, the Peabody Award-winning weekday magazine of contemporary arts and issues, is one of public radio's most popular programs.
- JapanCast - Free Japanese lessons in podcast format.
- 60 Minutes - Listen to the award-winning 60 Minutes broadcast in its entirety every week.
- Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me - Peter Sagal and Carl Kasell host the weekly NPR News quiz show alongside some of the best and brightest.
- Tech Stuff - In the TechStuff Podcast, our experts take a look at the past, present and future of all things tech.
- Car Talk - America's funniest auto mechanics take calls from weary car owners all over the country, and crack wise.
- This American Life - Official free, weekly podcast of the award-winning radio show "This American Life." First-person stories and short fiction pieces that are touching.
- The Tech Guy - From computers and the Internet to cell phones, MP3 players, and home theater, no one explains technology better than Leo Laporte.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
T-200 : Podcast Pool
If you haven't ever listened to a podcast you're missing out. I listen in the morning while I'm tubbing, at lunch while I'm walking, and at night as I'm falling asleep. Here is a list and description of my favorites. I'd like to hear your comments on my list and -- if you have favorites that are not on my list -- I'd like to hear about them, too.