Monday, October 8, 2012

T-138 : Truth Circumscribed


In the television show "The X Files" the tagline was, "The truth is out there".  There was an anti-smoking campaign a few years ago where truth was called the anti-drug.  I've always been drawn to truth.  I believe that all truth can be circumscribed in one whole; that it's all part of one eternal round.  This past weekend I listened to a number of sermons given from godly men and women in the semi-annual general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I heard many truths.  It's hard for me to keep the whole picture in mind at all times but I do believe that each little aha moment has a profound effect on me as I grow and strive to become more like the Savior.  The truth is out there; it's also in there, inasmuch as you internalize it and make it a part of you.  True?

3 comments:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

In one of my classes today we were just talking about the differences between truth, knowledge, information, and wisdom.... sort of goes along with your thoughts tonight.

halothair said...

2 things:
1. The truth can set you free!
2. What does the T-blank mean in the title of your posts? Is it like a countdown or something?

Unknown said...

It is a countdown. Look back at when I began the project at http://tonyderricott.blogspot.com/2011/01/t-365.html. T for Tony and T minus to seem like a NASA countdown. Like?