Saturday, October 13, 2012

T-125 : Country Slicker

Growing up I always used to think the city was glamorous.  Dad would often come home after school on a Friday afternoon and we'd make a quick trip to Salt Lake.  The running joke was that we'd call Grandma Bodily back in Preston to tell her that we had "car trouble" and that we were going to stay overnight.  I loved those trips.  I definitely looked forward to seeing the bright lights of the big city and wanted to get rich and live there someday to prove that I was successful.

Today we took off after lunch and went to our "big city" of Idaho Falls.  We shopped around a bit but were back home by dinner time.  I still like traveling and going to cities I've never been to and being a tourist.  I don't so much like being a consumer, though.  We went to a few stores but there was nothing that I really felt like I wanted or needed.  I'm pretty happy with what I've got.  I guess these days I'm from the country and I like it that way.

1 comment:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

I'm definitely a country slicker...I'd even rather vacation in the country than visit big cities!