Tuesday, October 16, 2012

T-116 : Blogging Introspection

One thing that getting into the habit of nightly blogging has done for me is caused me to engage in a lot more introspection.  Often times during the day I find myself observing and thinking of things then emailing myself a note to talk about that in more detail at a later time.  At this week's devotional Elder Paul E. Koelliker, First Quorum of the Seventy gave us a pattern that might help as we listen for messages the Lord wants us to hear.  He said to take out a sheet of paper and draw a line down the middle.  List the important facts on one side.  List the spiritual promptings that come to mind while listening.  Later go back to the notes and find a scriptural reference for the thought you wrote.  As you do you'll have your understanding expanded.  I like to think I've already been doing a bit of that with my pattern.  I hope that I don't end up banging my head against the wall when I've finally counted down 115 more entries.

No comments: