Wednesday, October 24, 2012

T-101 : Poultry Pilfering

I'm listening to Huckleberry Finn in my car these days.  Today this phrase caught my ear:
Pap always said, take a chicken when you get a chance, because if you don't want him yourself you can easy find somebody that does, and a good deed ain't ever forgot.
I think there's wisdom there.  Of course it's not always going to be a chicken.  But, if you're offered something, accept it graciously.  You can always pay it forward.  Does this come too close to re-gifting, though?

3 comments:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

I just hope nobody grabs Billina!

Beth said...

I don't know what the big deal about re-gifting is. It seems to make sense that if you are given something you can't use or don't love-give it to someone who will love it!

Unknown said...

I mostly agree with you, Beth. However, don't you fear hurting others' feelings?