Thursday, October 18, 2012

T-112 : Bing Google

In post T-182 (http://tonyderricott.blogspot.com/2012/09/t-182-ping-thing.html) I talked about pinging someone.  I've now been been introduced to the concept of binging something.  I've been watching Microsoft Office 365 presentations at work all week.  Over and over the presenters will use the term "bing" much as most of us use "google", as a verb; meaning "search".  Apparently if you work for Microsoft you drink the bing Kool-Aid.  Now you know.

3 comments:

Scott M said...

I drink the bing Kool Aid too.

Scott M said...

'drinking the kool aid' is a phrase with an origin that I think would be interesting to a curious mind like yours. The Jonesboro massacre, I believe, where hundreds of people committed suicide by drinking cyanide laced kool aid on the prompting of their leader.

Unknown said...

Tell me why you drink, Scott.
I appreciate your complimenting me as a "curious mind", too.