Saturday, January 5, 2013

T-48 : Earbud Invisibility

Whether anything is playing or not through my headphones when I'm either walking across campus or jogging around the track people tend to ignore me.  That can be a good thing or a bad thing.  I tend to enjoy not having to engage in trite pleasantries.  Something tells me that's the natural man talking, though.  A few semesters ago President Clark in a devotional said that we should be more social as we walk from here to there.  So, I try to keep a proper balance.  I still walk with earbuds in listening to podcasts but I also make eye contact, smile, and greet folks as I can.  How about you?

2 comments:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

I can't stand to listen to stuff while I am walking... I need to hear what is going on around me so no serial killers can sneak up and get me!

Unknown said...

I can hear Josh and Chuck AND the would-be serial killers!