Sunday, January 27, 2013

T-32 : Seasonal Complaints

There's a lot of weather out there today!  I understand the Salt Lake airport has already received 8 inches of snow; which is 3 more than the previous one-day total set back in 1980.  We haven't had quite that much up here sans lake effect.  We have had enough, though, that it seems like a quick return to Winter; especially after we had a couple of days of above-freezing weather and were starting to see some meltage.  At any rate, I enjoy the variety.  I enjoy the seasons.  I like to say that my ideal year would be 3 months of each season.  In truth, though, I probably wouldn't enjoy that level of exactness.  It's just the spontaneity of each storm or dry spell that keeps things interesting.  What I really don't enjoy -- though I usually get a kick out of -- is how folks will complain that the weather is too ___________.  I want to help them realize that it's in the complaining that it becomes worse.  Weather is like lemons.  Let's make lemonade every day out of whatever comes our way!

No comments: