Sunday, March 28, 2010

Relief Pitcher?

Tara was called at Relief Society President in our ward a few days ago.  Today she was sustained and then set apart.  I'm excited for her.  I know that she will grow in ways not otherwise possible as she's stretched and nourished by the demands of the many different sisters with whom she'll necessarily interact.  In addition to the words "Charity Never Faileth" -- included in the Relief Society logo at left -- are the words recently uttered by the General Relief Society Presidency of the Church, "faith, family, relief".  Go forth with faith, strengthen your family, serve others, Tara.  I support you.  I'll do my part to pick up the slack and be a more-equal partner at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great. You will do a fantastic job!

Unknown said...

I bragged on Tara in R.S. today.

Unknown said...

Good post. Tara will need your support, for sure. You will be a great relief pitcher. You and Tara are a good team!