Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Holy H20!


Tonight as we were reading in Numbers as a family I was somehow reminded of an object lesson that I learned in Seminary in high school.  I think the point of the day's lesson was that the Pharisees and Saducees had some odd rituals.  Anyway, one of the teachers had a jar of water that he was shaking and shaking.  Finally one of the other teachers asked him what he was doing.  He replied that he was making holy water.  When asked how he was going to make holy water just by shaking it his reply was, "I'm going to shake the hell out of it!".  I've remembered that for over half my life.  My kids weren't too impressed.  At least Tara smiled.  I hope someone out there appreciates the humor.  If anyone else sees holy water as something different please let me know so that I can appropriately apologize to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now that is funny!!