- Exercise 30 minutes every day. Except Sunday
- Eat breakfast every day. Oatmeal rocks!
- Sleep 8 hours.
- Avoid snacking on junk food between meals.
- Eat five portions of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Eat fish.
- Drink one glass of water when you wake up.
- Avoid soda.
- Keep your body clean. Since I exercise at lunch I usually shower twice/day. I can't hardly imagine not showering right after breakfast before I head out for the day, either.
- If you smoke, stop it. Thankful I never started.
- If you drink, stop it. Thankful I never started.
- Take the stairs. I even take them 2 at a time and sprint them most of the time!
- Use an inbox system. I like keeping track of all the ideas and things that comes to mind.
- Plan, but not too much.
- Wake up early. Between 6 and 6:30, except closer to 7 on the weekends.
- Check your email only twice per day.
- Eliminate unimportant tasks.
- Clean off your desk and room.
- Set strict deadlines.
- Take one day off per week.
Personal Development habits
- Read 1 book per week. I don't stick to 1/week but I do try to read every day. My favorite times are on the exercise machine during lunch break and right before I fall asleep at night.
- Solve puzzles. I especially love Crosswords.
- Think positively.
- Make fast decisions.
- Wait before buying.
- Meditate 30 minutes per day.
- Start a blog. You're reading it!
- Build a portfolio.