Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Habitually Trying

I read the following article with interest (read the entire article at http://www.freestylemind.com/30-habits-that-will-change-your-life).  I'll go through each one and GREEN the ones that I'm currently doing.  Maybe you can compare your score with mine and comment.

Health habits

  1. Exercise 30 minutes every day. Except Sunday
  2. Eat breakfast every day. Oatmeal rocks!
  3. Sleep 8 hours. 
  4. Avoid snacking on junk food between meals. 
  5. Eat five portions of fruits and vegetables every day. 
  6. Eat fish. 
  7. Drink one glass of water when you wake up. 
  8. Avoid soda. 
  9. Keep your body clean. Since I exercise at lunch I usually shower twice/day.  I can't hardly imagine not showering right after breakfast before I head out for the day, either.
  10. If you smoke, stop it. Thankful I never started.
  11. If you drink, stop it. Thankful I never started.
  12. Take the stairs. I even take them 2 at a time and sprint them most of the time!

Productivity habits

  1. Use an inbox system. I like keeping track of all the ideas and things that comes to mind. 
  2. Prioritize.
  3. Plan, but not too much.
  4. Wake up early. Between 6 and 6:30, except closer to 7 on the weekends.
  5. Check your email only twice per day. 
  6. Eliminate unimportant tasks.
  7. Clean off your desk and room.
  8. Automate.
  9. Set strict deadlines.
  10. Take one day off per week.

Personal Development habits

  1. Read 1 book per week. I don't stick to 1/week but I do try to read every day.  My favorite times are on the exercise machine during lunch break and right before I fall asleep at night.
  2. Solve puzzles. I especially love Crosswords.
  3. Think positively.
  4. Make fast decisions.
  5. Wait before buying.
  6. Meditate 30 minutes per day. 

Career habits

  1. Start a blog. You're reading it!
  2. Build a portfolio.
Did you get more or less green than me?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I had half those good habits!