Tuesday, August 2, 2011

T-280 : Venting Rodents

So my car developed a loud fan noise and a smell the past few days as I tried to use the air conditioning.  I took it to the shop today and they found mice had built a nest up in the vents.  It cost $250 for them to clear out the rodents and all their bacteria.  I'm wondering how to keep them out of the garage.  Tara later today did some work on the garage door that I'd backed into in a rush to get to church a few months back.  She's a good one.  A little googling brought me to this article: http://www.ehow.com/how_4916296_keep-mice-out-of-car.html

What would you have done?  Would you have paid or tried to do it yourself?  Have you ever had a similar issue?

6 comments:

Scott M said...

Never had that one happen before.

Unknown said...

I just remembered your "milk in the trunk" story, though...

Evalynn said...

we had that happen in hamilton. we set mouse traps all over the garage. my animal rights activism ends with any personal cost over $20. we caught a few mice and never had any more problems.

Unknown said...

I find comfort and consolation in your comments, Kim.

(There are a lot of K sounds in that sentence!)

I'm curious (another K sound) to know what you did to "fix" your car. Apparently you didn't buck up for the $250 service fee.

Evalynn said...

you alliterate beautifully. we had to take the car in because the mouse had eaten some important cord. i don't remember how much it cost, but it was a lot more than $20, which meant all efforts were made to kill the other lurking mice. my mother-in-law also had this happen to her in olympia, washington (and it cost her a lot of money). who knew mouse-car attacks were such a rampant problem. the evil mice. let's bring them down ;)

Unknown said...

I like your style, Kim. I'm with you. LET'S BRING THEM DOWN!