Thursday, April 8, 2010

Rock Salutations

While I was looking for something to right about on today's daily musing I came across one of my favorite songs (For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I know the lyrics to the song probably have some sort of evil meaning. However, part of the article at Wikipedia claims that:

"The title and central lyric of the song are based on an ancient salute used by Roman prisoners to be executed in the Colosseum, "Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant" ("Hail Caesar, we who are about to die, salute you.")."
I like to think the song means, "Go do good, with power!"; kind of a weird mix of AC/DC, Nike, and Spencer W. Kimball.  But I'm weird like that.  Do you think it's a stretch or are you with me?

Take a listen, if you please.

No comments: