Sunday, February 20, 2011

T-336 : Passing Fancy

I like the "Ask Marilyn" column in the Parade Magazine insert in the local weekend paper.  I say "weekend" because our newspaper is only delivered on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays; a money-saving move by the publishers, they say.  At any rate, here's one of my favorite recent write-ups:
Gil Loeser of Madison, Alabama, writes:

Marilyn: What causes some people to speed up when you try to pass them? Sometimes they will even do it on a two-lane road. 

Marilyn responds:

I think this is a sign of a problem personality. Some people feel so bad about their accomplishments that they will seize any little opportunity to thwart another person's intentions.  
Trying to Pass | Parade.com
 I know that I'm trying to be more merciful and gracious while I'm driving.  This one kind of vindicates me, though.  Do you see it from a different point of view?

No comments: