Thursday, June 14, 2018

06/14 #OTDSD

OTD: On This Day
DSD: Delmar Derricott

1957

Elder E. sick again...didn't do much I can think of...met a Mrs. Langdon who couldn't have us come in she was all upset in the house - had a nice long meeting with her - she invited us back to meet her sis next week...very nice...Things are going pretty slo - not much work at all!

1958

It's a lovely, clear morning - & not humid - a gentle breeze blowing & would be wonderful cont. weather - but he's still in bed - it's 9:15!  I got a note from Elder Hall - he's up in Canada, I guess - said that it was needless that we were together again! (Elder E. & J.) I wrote to calm his worry.  I did a lot of typing - no word from Falk's this week...got my Era - it came to Paradise, R.I!  Mrs. Dodge came in with some bananas & I made a cake out of last ones she brought...then took her about 1/4 of it - later she slipped in with some Vermont maple syrup & rice pudding...a gave Elder E. a huge runny steak!  Biggest I've ever seen!  She's so nice to us...I overheard her talking to herself - about she'd like to die - but then she wouldn't - I feel sorry for people like that who have to amuse themselves by talking to themselves.  Went to another show - again!  Got some lib. books for the Vet. Hospt. & was reading a sermon out of "Mess. of Inspiration" - BE YE CLEAN - which certainly was a good one - I'm entering Pillsbury's recipe contest!

No comments: