Saturday, May 4, 2013

T-19 : Moo Vibrations

The other night after a Relief Society temple activity we met Tara at one of the other sister's house for root beer floats.  I had been to the Library Foundation meeting and so arrived at the house a few minutes ahead of time.  As I'm wont to do, I pulled out my phone and checked for WiFi.  I shouldn't be surprised that there was none there.  It's a very nice house but the couple who live there are mature and probably only have a simple computer connected to the Internet for purposes of keeping in touch with family.  This should have been my first clue as to the minor mystery that evidenced itself later in the evening.

As the activity progressed Jacob and I happened to be over to one side of the room enjoying each other's company; but mostly enjoying the root beer and ice cream.  I kept hearing a buzzing sound.  At first I thought it was my phone.  I almost always keep it on "vibrate".  When I realized it wasn't that I assumed for the moment that it must be one of the ladies' phones.  As I continued to listen, I could sense it was coming from a different direction than the crowd was.  After not too long I virtually slapped my forehead when I realized that it was indeed the mooing of cows.

So, this is what I've become.  Nature sounds appear to me to be secondary to technological blips and bleeps.  How the bleep do you feel about that?

No comments: