Wednesday, May 8, 2013

T-17 : Wagon Trailers

As I was mowing the lawn tonight I saw a number of cars go by.  Our house is on the corner of our cul-de-sac and a major crossroad.  It was the last lot to sell in the neighborhood.  I suppose the general notion is that folks don't like living near the traffic.  I admit it seemed loud when we first moved here.  But, I've acclimated.  Anyway, what struck me tonight is the moment when I saw two cars slowing down from the major road to turn onto our road.  I recognized both cars as belonging to two different folks who live down the street.  The point is that I wondered how long they'd followed each other and if either the leader or the trailer noticed the other.  I often do notice when the car just in front (if it's a slow guy) or just behind (if it's a fast guy) are familiar.  When I recognize them I think I drive differently.  I suppose that's a form of positive peer pressure.  Maybe I should practice it more often, then.  What do you think?  Have you ever driven just behind or just in front of me and been nervous or frustrated?

No comments: