Thursday, February 6, 2014

T-10 : Television Midstreaming

It seems like one of the hot buzzwords these days is "streaming", especially as it relates to video.  I realized tonight as I stumbled across a documentary about One World Trade Center on PBS that I am also a fan of what I'll call "midstreaming", or finding an interesting show after it's already started and watching it through to the end while trying to put the pieces together as to what you might have missed in the opening portion.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not such an old dog that I don't also enjoy "rewinding" YouTube videos or NetFlix shows to catch what I missed.  There's something a bit nostalgic about the way it used to be, though, when we didn't have that luxury.  I like to think I'm at a point in my life where I can enjoy the ways of the past and the future.

No comments: