Tuesday, March 29, 2011

T-308 : Holding doors

If I hold the door open for you am I being a gentleman or just showing common courtesy?

If you don't hold the door open for me are you being inconsiderate or are you just not thinking?

Does gender matter?

My personal opinion is that we all ought to hold doors a little more often.  On the other hand, there are times when someone holds the door for me that I feel like I'm just beyond the "holding zone" and it's a bit awkward to have to speed up to get through the door while they wait.

How about you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would say that if a man and woman arrive at the same door at the same time, it is a gentleman who opens the door for the woman and lets her go first. If a group of people are shuffling through the door, then it is decency to hold the door for the next person.

But ALWAYS get the door for the little old man or woman no matter who you are ;)

Unknown said...

You make some good points, KL. Your final thoughts beg more questions:

- How little?
- How old?

Unknown said...

Depends on who you are. To me, little is shorter than I; and old...well ;)