Monday, May 3, 2010

Thoughts Sought

“Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.” 


-- Francis Bacon -1561-1626, Philosopher, Statesman, Scientist and Author


I keep a little notepad with me throughout the day in my shirt pocket.  Primarily that's used for a To Do List.  When I have thoughts I want to elaborate on later I email them to myself to blog about at greater length on that or a subsequent evening.  I'd only add to Sir Bacon's quote that many sought thoughts can also be valuable; though those, too, may come at unexpected times.


By the way, what's up with that light bulb?  Is he sweating or having an epiphany?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Old Dad,
Just an observation...
but his bottom looks like a bad wedgie and that's the reaction to a bad wedgie.

Unknown said...

That's very profound, Old Dad.