Sunday, February 21, 2010

Daily Diary?

I've been thinking a lot lately about keeping a daily diary. I recently read that Wilford Woodruff kept one for 62 years and that he amassed over 7,000 pages! When I mentioned that in our Family History class today Bishop told of Brother Powell having kept one for 30+ years. Then Brother Pierce mentioned that I ought to be able to keep mine online since I'm a tech guy. I don't know if I'm ready for my personal thoughts to be out there for the masses. But what the heck. I'll give it a shot.

Erik and I went home teaching to the Esplins this afternoon. Jacob, Erik and I went to a Stake General Priesthood Meeting tonight where they talked about home teaching. Here are some of the notes I took:
Jacob Barzee - Home Teaching
Abraham 2:9
D&C 20:50, 59
-Encourage members to live the Gospel
D&C 38:40
D&C 42:12

Father Barzee
D&C 107 - Aaronic an appendage of Melchizedek
Home Teachers are to be "true messengers" of Jesus Christ
Pray before you go into their homes
D&C 64:33 - Be not weary...out of small things...

President Johnson
Are we disciples of Jesus Christ?
John 13:34 - A new commandment...love one another
ref? - Which is the great commandment?
Moroni - ...after they had been received unto baptism...that they might be nourished by the good word of God...
CHI - HT is a priesthood responsibility
3 Nephi - ...not everyone that saith...
Can we bend our will to God's?
How to learn to like it:
Ether - ...i will show them their weakness...
Moroni - ...come unto Christ...
Explicitly ask God to help you love the families.
Maxwell - ...as you submit your wills to God you are givving him the only thing that is really yours to give...

President Wightman
You must obey AND serve to be exalted.
Tomorrow is Emily's 10th birthday. Tara made a cake; as per tradition. Emily wants Craigo's for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration! Love ya