Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blog Eagle

Jason Schallenberger asked me to present his Eagle Scout Award and give the Eagle Challenge during the Court of Honor tonight. It was an honor. It's also always an honor and I'm humbled to be able to sit with other Eagle Scouts in the Eagles' Nest. Tonight is was myself, Weston Harmon, Loyd Rennaker, and Dwain Schallenberger. Thanks, Jason.

I was reminded of my days in Scouting 25 years ago. I commented to a few people tonight - as I often do at occasions such as this - that I don't think I'd have earned the award without my mom. I'm sure my dad helped. I'm sure my leaders helped. But I think my mom was integral to placing me in the situation. Thanks, Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for us Mom's! That;s how Scott earned his, with my help.